Green Curry Noodles

Traffic on last Friday was especially very tiring. I sat in the car for almost 1 hour 30 minutes before I reached home. After that horrible traffic I was not in the mood to go out for dinner, did not want to spend more than 15-20 minutes in the kitchen, and did not want to eat same old daal-rice/khichadi. So l looked around in my stash of sauces and found a bottle of green curry paste, can of coconut milk so I decided to make vegetable green curry. While I was making the curry, I remembered I have some brown rice noodles too! Voila! A new dish was born!!!

Serves 2 - for dinner

3-4 servings of Rice noodles - cook per directions on the packet. Drain and set aside. Toss with little bit of oil to prevent them from sticking.

1 Large Potato (I used Russet)
1 Large Onion
Fist size Cauliflower
Fist size Broccoli
1 Small Carrot (or few baby carrots)
1/2 cup diced Butternut Squash
Fistful of Cilantro
1 Small Blob of Ginger
2-4 tbsp Green Curry Paste
Salt per taste
1/2 cup Coconut milk
1 tbsp Oil
Hot water as needed

Preparation - 
Cut all the vegetables in 1/2" dice. Keep them separate as cooking time varies. 
Heat oil on a heavy bottom pan, add diced onion. Saute until translucent.
Not add diced carrots and potato. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add little bit of salt and mix. Cover and let the potatoes cook on low heat. It approximately took 3-4 minutes.
Add diced butternut squash and saute. Cover and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Now add cauliflower and broccoli saute for just a minute or so. Add about 1/2 cup of hot water, cover and let it cook for couple more minutes.
Meanwhile grind ginger and cilantro to fine paste. 
Now add green curry paste, ginger-cilantro paste and coconut milk.Cover and let it simmer for few more minutes.
Add cooked noodles, mix thoroughly. Adjust salt if needed.

Enjoy with nice side salad.

Tips - 
It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish. I think tofu will taste great instead of potato but I did not have any.
Adding small green chili in the cilantro paste will add nice zing to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pav Bhaji Paratha

Sweet Sabudana Khichadi

Achari Paneer